Senior Backend Engineer
People matter. The Strategy Object culture focuses on its employees’ success and happiness ensuring they feel valued across all aspects of their lives. Our team members are identified by their passion and enthusiasm towards excellence and innovation by getting results and developing their skills. Being a team player is key: we care and support each other through integrity and openness.
Strategy Object Engineering department consists of both Cross-functional Teams (Technical lead, Product Manager, Scrum Master, Backend/Java/, Frontend/React/ and QA engineers), where engineers are part of a product team; as well as Functional Teams (Test Automation, DevOps engineers) that support the product teams.
We welcome a Senior Backend Engineer to our product team. You will work with modern and diverse solutions and technologies.
What you will do
Your typical tasks will include:
1. Set and maintain high standards for software development full cycle
- Design, develop, test and maintain high-quality scalable web applications and services in java ecosystem
- Write backend components as well as web services and APIs used by front-end developers and mobile app developers. Oversee the server-side web application logic as well as the integration of the front-end part
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues
- Define efficiency metrics
- Set standards for monitoring, alerting, styling, logging, code review, performance, testing, etc
- Support and maintain applications in a production environment
2. Implement and improve product architecture design
3. Team technical coaching, mentorship
- team career growth planning
- team technical training and development
- team hiring
4. Big picture approach
- Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements
- Work closely with the Product manager to define the technology solutions of the product for a long-run
What you will bring in
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, Engineering or another relevant field;
- 5+ years hands-on experience of software development and depth knowledge of Java;
- Experience in Spring/Spring Boot, knowledge of Groovy/Grails is plus;
- Experience developing mobile applications +
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL) and ORM frameworks;
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Kafka streaming
- Solid understanding of API, microservice, and integration concepts and technologies, such as REST, JSON, XML, message queues;
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools;
- Performance analysis of JVM applications, understanding of threading, concurrency and problems that can result from concurrent processing;
- Experience with containers and logging/monitoring solutions, related orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes.
- Experience with GCP, AWS, Azure or any other public cloud platform is a plus
- Knowledge of traditional build systems (Gradle, Maven);
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum process, language and ceremonies; / understand Agile environment
- Willingness to travel abroad if required;
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of French is a plus
- Experience working in Devops environment
- Experience with quality assurance and quality control
Benefits you will gain upon joining Strategy Object
- Medical insurance
- Annual performance bonus
- Paid days off
- Continuous Development Program (Certification Programs, Book Clubs, Online Learning Platforms, etc.)
How to apply
We look forward to meeting you in person to discuss the role in detail and hear about your career goals.
Please, apply for the vacancy by sending your CV to [email protected]