SOClass Product Evolution
SOClass 2.0 features:
- Server Setup;
- Client Setup;
- Various products: SOClass Developer and SOClass e-Document Server;
- Provider Deployment Kit;
- Environment Export;
- Document Library Import;
- Reference Tables;
- Historize tables.
SOClass 2.1 features:
- Additional client enter points, other than just the WebStart Client and ULA;
- Additional modules for handling various types of connections;
- version 2.1.15:
- Document signing in XML format;
- Non-serializable certificate chain;
- Checking certificate revocation list;
- version 2.1.18:
- ARef – Advanced Reference Tables;
- version 2.1.19:
- Custom Desktop Skin;
- version 2.1.20:
- Advanced Customer Account Management.
SOClass 2.2 new features:
- New MAST with even more user-friendly interface and more options;
- JAVA 8 Compatibility;
- External mail;
- Mail Lists;
- Mail Role;
- EMS – Embedded Multimedia Support;
- Fingerprint Support;
- JMX Monitoring and Administration;
- Operation Roles for creating users with specific administrative rights.
- Some operations can be set to requite user authentication (in need or want mode).
- XML UI: The Visual Page of an e-document can be created using the XML format and styling.
The new MAST interface shows all the modules grouped by their type but the user still has the flat view option. Being grouped by their type allows manipulating the entire modules group.
The increased number of notification colours and styles for the database drivers available and database modules installed makes it easier for the user to choose the appropriate database connection.
The option to set the same database and connection settings to be used for the installation of all the modules makes the SOClass server setup even faster.
The External mail system allows now e-mails to be send not only within the framework of the SOClass Platform but to external mail servers as well.
Mail Role is a management application designed to provide a user friendly interface for setting restrictions over the mail attachment types available to the users belonging to a certain Business Unit.
Mail Lists can be created and managed only by an admin or by a user with explicit access rights to create mail lists.
Embedded Multimedia Support (EMS) makes the SOClass platform able to deal with various file types like paper document scans (in PDF format), flash presentations, short videos, etc. The files can be uploaded to the server which stores them in a dedicated database and can be downloaded via the the SOClass client interface when needed.
The fingerprint support provides an easier way for the users to log into the SOClass system instead of the traditional entering of user name and password. The system authenticates and logs on the user by a simple finger scan.
The purpose of the Operation Roles is to change behaviour of some operations producing as result special access rights that can be granted to the users through the Business Units.