Java Software Developer
Strategy Object delivers e-Government software solutions. We are focused on building and implementing cutting edge solutions in the domain of international trade for governments and companies throughout the world. As one of the global market leaders, our key product, the SOClass Platform, is currently used by more than 80 customs administrations globally. Our integrated platform handles hundreds of thousands of transactions performed by tens of thousands of government employees on a daily basis.
People matter. The Strategy Object culture focuses on its employees’ success and happiness ensuring they feel valued across all aspects of their lives. Our team members are identified by their passion and enthusiasm towards excellence and innovation by getting results and developing their skills. Being a team player is key: we care and support each other through integrity and openness.
Strategy Object Engineering department consists of both Cross-functional Teams (Technical lead, Product Manager, Scrum Master, Backend/Java/, Frontend/React/ and QA engineers), where engineers are part of a product team; as well as Functional Teams (Test Automation, DevOps engineers) that support the product teams.
We welcome a Java Software Developer to our product team. You will work with modern and diverse solutions and technologies.
Required qualifications & skills
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, Engineering or another relevant field;
- 5+ years hands-on experience of software development and depth knowledge of Java;
- Experience in Spring/Spring Boot, knowledge of Groovy/Grails is a plus;
- Experience developing mobile applications;
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL) and ORM frameworks;
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Kafka streaming;
- Solid understanding of API, microservice, and integration concepts and technologies, such as REST, JSON, XML, message queues;
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools;
- Performance analysis of JVM applications, understanding of threading, concurrency and problems that can result from concurrent processing;
- Experience with containers and logging/monitoring solutions, related orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes;
- Experience with GCP, AWS, Azure or any other public cloud platform is a plus;
- Knowledge of traditional build systems (Gradle, Maven);
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum process, language and ceremonies / understand Agile environment;
- Willingness to travel abroad if required;
- Fluency in English;
- Knowledge of French is a plus;
- Experience working in Devops environment;
- Experience with quality assurance and quality control.
- Set and maintain high standards for software development full cycle:
- Design, develop, test and maintain high-quality scalable web applications and services in Java ecosystem;
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications;
- identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues;
- Define efficiency metrics;
- Set standards for monitoring, alerting, styling, logging, code review, performance, testing, etc.;
- Support and maintain applications in a production environment, when necessary.
- Implement and improve product architecture design.
- Team technical coaching, mentorship:
- Team career growth planning;
- Team technical training and development;
- Team hiring.
- Big picture approach:
- Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements;
- Work closely with the Product manager to define the technology solutions of the product for a long-run.
- Medical insurance;
- Annual performance bonus;
- Continuous Development Program (Certification Programs, Book Clubs, Online Learning Platforms, etc.)
In order to apply for this position, please send your CV to [email protected]
Your personal data will be used only for recruitment purposes.
Thank you for your interest!