Business Development Manager
Seniority Level: Senior
Employment type: Full-time, long-term
Location: EMEA, Remote
People matter. The Strategy Object culture focuses on its employees’ success and happiness ensuring they feel valued across all aspects of their lives. Our team members are identified by their passion and enthusiasm towards excellence and innovation by getting results and developing their skills. Being a team player is key: we care and support each other through integrity and openness.
The regional business development manager will be responsible for pursuing new and existing business development opportunities in customs modernization and trade facilitation. He / she will be responsible for developing the right strategies and relationships with key stakeholders, and decision makers. These include but are not limited to Customs Authorities, Ministries (Finance, Commerce etc.), port authorities, national committees on trade facilitation and single window, private sector stakeholders such as Chambers of Commerce, and trade and logistics associations, in country partners, and consultants.
We welcome a Business Development Manager to our team.
What you will do
Your typical tasks will include:
- Discover new opportunities with new and existing customers in order to achieve targets and business growth
- Deliver high level presentations of the Company’s products and solutions
- Prepare business cases supporting financial viability of potential projects
- Prepare and coordinate responses to Request for Proposals and Expression of Interest, and Tenders in line with procurement processes
- Work on projects financed by donor organizations such as The World Bank, its Government beneficiaries, and the consultants involved in such projects
- Follow up on submitted proposals and signing of new contracts
- Represent the company in international conferences and forums
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Support the Business Development Director to identify and work closely with a team of national and regional consultants to pursue country specific business opportunities
- Evaluate the products, services, and strategy of competitors and send analysis to senior management
- Conduct regular sales and business reviews together with the Business Development Directors to evaluate consultans’ performance in certain countries.
What you will bring in
- At least 5 years in business development or sales in customs, trade facilitation, cross border transport, and / or digitization projects (B2G)
- Country and opportunity level research relevant to new opportunities
- Analytical and diagnostic experience including gap analysis
- Governmental project management experience
- Government and public relations network in the region
- Frequent travel is required
- BSc minimum
- Solid advocacy skills in the Government sectors
- Strong negotiation skills
- Dynamic team player
- Fluent in English and French (Spanish is a plus)
- Solid presentations, reporting, and proposal writing skills in public sector business opportunities and projects
Benefits you will gain upon joining Strategy Object
- Medical insurance
- Annual performance bonus
- Paid days off
- Continuous Development Program (Certification Programs, Book Clubs, Online Learning Platforms, etc.)
How to apply
We look forward to meeting you in person to discuss the role in detail and hear about your career goals.
Please, apply for the vacancy by sending your CV to [email protected]